When you are looking for an amazing holiday, to celebrate with your family and friends, or even the birth of your child or an anniversary to remember, then the only destination that I can recommend is the Grand African Villa in Okonjima, Namibia.
Not only is Namibia one of the safest and most beautiful countries in Africa, Okonjima is one of the most wonderful places to visit. It is a game reserve of 24,000 hectares with some of the most spectacular game viewing in Namibia, but the Grand African Villa just tops it all, in terms of luxury safari holidays in the whole of Africa.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt stayed at the Grand African Villa, just before the birth of their child a few years ago and loved it.
You, too, can enjoy spoiling yourselves at The Villa; here are the highlights of staying here:
- Completely safe and secluded, some 10kms from the main camp.
- A decked area with an infinity pool, which overlooks its own waterhole.
- 8 adults and 4 children can comfortably stay in real luxury.
- Wood burning fireplace inside and outside next to the decking, so that you gaze at the stars in the evening.
- A shaded area along the decking close to the waterhole to view the game that comes in.
- At night, you can see porcupines and honey badgers coming in to feed just below you, close to the waterhole.
- Wi-fi and Internet access, so that you send your pictures to anyone, anytime.
For me the best two things are:
- A personal host or hostess and chef to attend to all your needs.
- Exclusive guide and game-drive vehicle.
Okonjima is the place to go to view cheetahs, leopards, giraffe, the work of the charitable foundation, AfriCat, and so much more.
However, for a truly luxury African holiday, the opportunity to have a luxury safari and see the beauty of Namibia, then you must stay at the Grand African Villa at Okonjima.