It is rare that people can afford to stay in 5* hotels, certainly not for much longer than a night or two.
However, there is a place I know that has a 5* reputation, and is in a more beautiful region of the world than most people can imagine.
It is the Grand African Villa in Okonjima. A place I have stayed twice, thanks to the kindness of the owner, James Alexandroff.
The first time, I went to see the Perivoli Schools project, which has been set up by James, to educate kindergarten children in Namibia. A country that has not had pre-school education before. The second time to take the children lots of books, balls, bats – fun and educational stuff.
The Villa is hidden away on the Okonjima game reserve, one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.
It is 5* in the true sense of the description:
- Completely safe and secluded, some 10kms from the main camp.
- A decked area with an infinity pool, which overlooks its own waterhole.
- 8 adults and 4 children can comfortably stay in real luxury.
- Your personal host or hostess and chef.
- Your own guide and safari vehicle
- Wood burning fireplace outside next to the decking, so that you gaze at the stars in the evening.
But, the best thing about it, is where it’s situated, a 5* view if ever there was one:
Go onto the website and book a luxury safari holiday in Namibia, you won’t regret it.